STRUCTURE OF THE BEFAG WOODEN FLOORING
BEFAG wooden flooring consists of three parts. The lower and the middle layer are made of pinewood. The top layer is made of hard wood types, which are available in various colours adjustable to the atmosphere of the space.
BRINELL HARDNESS RATING
Not all woods are equally hard. For rooms with a high degree of wear and tear we suggest using strips made of a harder timber. The chart below compares the hardness of different species. Wood species
Black walnut – 2,8 kg/mm2
Black cherry – 2,8 kg/mm2
Steamed beech – 3,3 kg/mm2
Oak – 3,5 kg/mm2 Turkey oak – 3,5 kg/mm2
Ash – 3,5 kg/mm2
Acacia – 4,8 kg/mm2
Canadian maple – 4,8 kg/mm2 Merbau – 4,9 kg/mm2
Jatoba – 6,5 kg/mm2
Data based on literature; for information purposes only. WARRANTY
All our standard products come with a 21-year warranty for the structure and a 5-year warranty for the finish, as stated in the Warranty leaflet. PACKING UNITS
- Dimensions of a single strip: length × width × thickness
= 2200 mm × 192 mm × 14 mm | = 2200 mm × 192 mm × 13 mm
- Package contents = 6 boards = 2.534 m2
- Specific weight: approx. 8 kg/m2
- 1 pallet = 88.69 m2 = 35 packages approx. 709 kg
- A full truck = 33 pallets = 2926.770 m2
Befag strip floors can be installed in rooms with floor heating. For this purpose please choose one of our products marked with the appropriate symbol in our catalogue. Please note that certain rules need to be complied with when designing and installing the floor heating system and also during the installation of the wooden flooring itself. For further information please refer to our detailed leaflet titled „Combining floor heating with wooden flooring”. TRANSPORT AND STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS FOR WOODEN FLOORING
- Flooring strips should be transported in a clean, dry environment and must be protected from moisture and physical damage.
- Please store indoors, in a dry room protected from the elements of weather until the time of installation. Make sure the strips cannot absorb moisture from the environment.
- While storing and installing wooden flooring please ensure optimum temperature and air humidity.
- Optimum storage and installation conditions equal 8-9 % equilibrium moisture content in the timer – this translates to 40-55 % relative humidity at 20 °C.
According to the EN 13489 standard, 3 % of different grade than indicated is acceptable.